Limited picture disc vinyl LP pressing. Includes 1971 mix of album mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser from the original analog master tapes. The band's most experimental album, Anthem Of The Sun was an unprecedented mix of studio and live recordings stitched together to create a hybrid. Fifty years later, it remains a pinnacle of psychedelic music. It also marked a departure for the band, as they began to channel their creativity into longer jams on songs like "Alligator" and "Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)" - two live staples of the Dead's early days. "This is one the most thrilling albums The Grateful Dead ever produced, mixing portions of live recordings from the first six months of Mickey's tenure with the band, along with studio experimentations that would hint at where the Dead would go when they started recording to 16-track tape the following year."
GRATEFUL DEAD - ANTHEM OF THE SUN (PICTURE DISC) LP
- 1 That's It for the Other One (Cryptical Envelopment / Quadlibet for Tender Feet / the Faster We Go, the Rounder We Get / We Leave the Castle) [1971 Remix] [Remastered] 7:40
- 2 New Potato Caboose (1971 Remix) [Remastered] 8:27
- 3 Born Cross-Eyed (1971 Remix) [Remastered] 2:26
- 4 Alligator (1971 Remix) [Remastered] 11:24
- 5 Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) [1971 Remix] [Remastered] 8:57